7/4/10

Rescue Mission

It all started with this a cute little retro coffee cart that was found at a garage sale... $3:


& after a little Rust-Oleum primer and some Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze spray paint we have this:


Now, the chrome handles were a bit harder to work with... I wanted to try to preserve the chrome finish so I had taped off where I didn't want paint. Then, my lovely father introduced me to this product, Brasso. I hadn't ever heard of such a thing. I think it is made out of ammonia because it smelled like hair dye to me. we started out with rusty chrome like this:


We scrubbed the Brasso on the rusty handles with all our might & ended up with this:


Amazing transformation eh? But you haven't seen anything yet... Here she is in her natural habitat :)


(i decided to try to be artsy. I think with some editing this could look awesome)

14 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Becca.......where have you been all my life??? You're baaaaaaack.

Can I just say that this adorable cart looks even more FAB in person? I saw it up close and personal yesterday and fell.in.love.instantly. Frankly my dearest.....you did a fantastic job!

Love you
~Manda

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Dear Becca....I will be featuring this project soon.

Thank you and goodbye
~Manda

Brandon and Jennie said...

Trash to Treasure, baby! I LOVE it!

Diane said...

OMGosh, everything is sooo cute. Love those bottles.

SarahJarnagin said...

What a transformation!!! I love the cart... how functional and gorgeous!

Rhiannon said...

Amanda send me here to check out your blog! I love what you did with this drink cart, and i love the color too, normally im not a blue person but i've seen so many projects with this blue that I must have one for myself too now!

Come check me out im having my first giveaway!

Jocelyn said...

ok, this is amazing! Love what you did with the cart. New follower here:-)

All That Glitters said...

I love it!!!! now, I want be afraid of rust!!! New follower thanks to Amanda!

Keep on junkin'
~Jennifer
Stop by sometime!

Unknown said...

i cannot even begin to explain how much in love i am with that cart! amazing.

The Pennington Point said...

I love it. My color...and the Brasso did amazing things. Gorgeous. Lisa~

jacqui said...

that looks fantastic! where are the finds like that at my garage sales?! not fair! you did a great job with it!!

Kerri said...

you have to have a good eye to see things like that and know what they become-- great job!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is awesome! I love these kind of transformations. Great Job and I am a new follower.

Renee said...

I have that same cart that I picked up for free from a trash pile but in better condition than yours. I love the color you choose, mine is yellow and is hiding in my closet holding shoes! I need to transform it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pin It button on image hover